Constipation is characterized as a condition in which bowel movements are infrequent or hard to pass. Some of the common symptoms that identifies constipation are stool is often hard and dry, abdominal pain, bloating etc.. In some cases constipation can lead to complications such as hemorrhoids, anal fissure, fecal impaction etc..
Types of causes of Constipation
There are two types of causes of constipation
1. Primary cause : Primary causes of constipation are the most common type and is not life threatening. This type of constipation occurs due to dietary pattern such as insufficient fiber or fluid intake or occurs due to behavioural causes such as less physical activity.
2. Secondary Cause : Secondary cause can occurs due to side effects of medications such as hypothyroidism, other endocrine and metabolic disorders etc..
Common causes of constipation
- Low fiber diet
- Less fluid intake
- Hormonal disturbances
- Lack of physical activity
Diseases associated with Constipation
1. Colon Cancer: It is a development of cancer that is associated with large intestine. It is also known as colorectal cancer. Some of the symptoms of colon cancer include blood in the stool, change in bowel movements, weight loss,. Extreme tiredness etc..
2. Inflammatory bowel disease : Inflammatory bowel disease are the conditions related to colon and small intestines. Principal types of inflammatory bowel disease are crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. Abdominal pain, weight loss, diarrhea, rectal bleeding etc are some of the symptoms of inflammatory bowel disease.
3. Parkinson’s disease : It is a long term disorder of central nervous system that mainly affects the motor system. Motor system is the part of the nervous system. In the early phase of this disease the problems that occur are rigidity, slowness of movement, difficulty with walking, shaking etc..
4. Hypothyroidism : Hypothyroidism which is known as underactive thyroid is a disorder of endocrine system. In this condition thyroid glands are incapable of producing enough thyroid hormone. Constipation, tiredness, weight gain, depression etc. are some of the symptoms of hypothyroidism.
Steps to improve the health
- Drink plenty of water
- Do regular physical exercise
- Eat healthy food
- Try to eat at regular intervals
Depending on the cause, there are treatments available to cure the problem of constipation. You can get the medicines to treat this problem from Online Drug Pharmacy. It is known to be a safe pharmacy and it provides medicines related to every health issue. Apart from constipation, you can get drugs for other health problems as well. It deals with generic drugs and all the drugs that are available at this online pharmacy are manufactured by reputed brands.