5 Pressure points to relieve asthma
Asthma is considered to be a critical problem and is associated with breathing issues like shortness of breath, coughing etc. Every age group of people can be a victim of it but most of the times children have been found to be more vulnerable. There is also a very common myth that if a child has asthma in young age he will outgrow it with time whereas the fact is that asthma is incurable. You can only prevent the symptoms and be cautious. It can be healed but not cured. Both of the terms are entirely different. There are various medical treatments that are available for the treatment of asthma such as inhalers, nebulizers etc but all of them have some side effects that might be unknown.
Nowadays, people have moved to another methodology for getting relief from asthma. That technique is acupuncture. It has always been an ancient way of curing several diseases by applying pressure on the body’s certain points. By stimulating these points every day, people definitely get relief from asthma. This technique offers great results without having any kind of side effects.
Some of the common pressure points are:
- Breastbone Points: These points are very effective for preventing the side effects of asthma. These points are situated under the collarbone, mainly beside the breastbone. It is important to apply pressure on these points regularly if you want to get the positive response. It is helpful in relieving the breathing problems, cough, anxiety, chest congestion etc. What you have to do is place the index and middle finger on the points and keep applying the pressure on them simultaneously. You can also massage the area in circular movements. You do not need to apply more pressure as it gets painful. Do everything gently.
- Collar Bone Points: This pressure point is situated below the collarbone and in the outer bone of the chest. The point is found three finger width below the collarbone and the pressure is applied to it to relieve the symptoms. The point is pressed firmly with index and middle finger for 3 to 4 minutes on a regular basis. It can also help in preventing some symptoms like a cough, congestion, tightness in chest etc.
- Shoulder Pressure Points: This point is one of those points that help in relieving the signs of asthma by pressing them. Take one finger width below your shoulder tip. You will find the pressure point there. It will help you get rid of sneezing, coughing, muscle pain in shoulder etc. All you have to do is place your index and middle finger on this point and apply force to it. Keep rotating your fingers slightly and massage them. Do this for about 3-4 minutes for over 2 weeks and you will see the difference.
- Wrist Point: This point is situated on the back side of the wrist below the base of the thumb. You will find a small groove in the area on which thumb need to be pressed for 3-4 minutes to get relief from the symptoms of asthma. Repeat this every day to get better results. Applying this pressure point will effectively help you in the relief of asthma troubles or lung problems.
- The Base of Thumb Point: This pressure point is quite good to heal the asthma troubles. Its base is actually located at the bottom of thumb on the pad of the palm. Place your thumb there and hold it for 5 minutes by applying the gentle pressure. This pressure point can be stimulated every day to get the benefits and relief from swollen throat, shallow breathing etc.
Massaging the various pressure points may actually work greatly in relieving you from the symptoms of asthma. It is necessary to apply pressure perfectly, therefore, it is advisable to put pressure by experts.