6 Ways to banish baggy eyes
Do you look old or tired because of your eyes? It is actually very hard for people to feel fresh when their eyes are droopy and tired. Bags under the eyes are the main reason behind it. They are a sign of fatigue as well as stress. Although, there are countless products available in the market that claim to reduce your dark circles but they don’t always work. Usually, people get bags under their eyes because, over time, skin loses collagen and grows thinner. This results in the visibility of veins around the eye area. Sometimes, genes are also responsible for the dark circles. Other common causes also include allergies, eczema, chronic fatigue, aging, sun exposure. You can reduce them by making some lifestyle changes.
We present 6 ways in which you can get rid of those tired and baggy eyes:
1. Dietary Changes: If you want perfect eyes, you need to make some changes in your diet. It is important to reduce the intake of salt in your diet as it might be a contributing factor for making your eyes baggy. Including a lot of salt in your diet can actually make your eyes look puffy as well as swollen. Also, cut back on alcohol. When you drink it, you actually mess with the hormone that is responsible for absorbing the fluid in the body. You should drink a lot of water and keep yourself hydrated.
2. Apply tea bags: Use tea bags as a cold compress. You can soak a tea bag in clean water and then refrigerate it for about 30 minutes. Then, place those bags on your eyes and leave them for about 10 minutes. The natural properties of the tea bags help bring puffy eyes back to their normal form.
3. Rose Water: If you want to soothe and rejuvenate your dry and tired skin, rose water is the perfect solution for it. Being a mild astringent, it also works as a skin toner. All you have to do is soak some cotton pads in rose water, and place it on your eyes for a few minutes. Repeat them regularly for better results.
4. Potato: Being exceptionally rich in Vitamin C, potatoes are a great source for the synthesis of the collagen to promote healthier as well as younger looking skin. All you have to do is grate some potatoes, extract their juice and soak some cotton pads in it. By applying them to your eyes, notice the tremendous change in the bags as they will gradually diminish.
5. Coconut Oil: It is a powerful and natural anti-inflammatory medium for lightening dark circles under the eye. It also helps in moisturizing the eyes by preventing the wrinkles and fine lines. All you have to do is rub it under eyes, leave it on overnight, and see the positive changes next day.
6. Get sufficient amount of sleep: Sometimes, inadequate amount of sleep can also make you develop bags under eyes. It is advised to get full 8 hours of sleep. Get proper rest and enjoy reduced under eye circles. You can try elevating your head with extra pillows. It is also helpful.
Do not step out of the home without wearing sunscreen as well as sunglasses. It protects you from sun rays. That’s all about the ways that help you in preventing the baggy eyes. Share it with your friends and family to create awareness.