Sexual health is very crucial and can be a major issue if you do not pay attention towards it. This is high time you need to stop doing things that are making your penis weak and non-functional without you even realizing it. We understand it is quite difficult to get out of comfort zone to adopt new ways of living, but there are some habits that you need to give up to save yourself from the embarrassment caused by being sexually useless-
1. White junk- Whatever you eat, reflects at one part or another of your body. So, the first thing you need to do it declutter your meals, even if you are not overweight. Ditch that synthetic sugar, as it isn't bad for your entire body, including the penis. Too much intake of sugar and salt makes your penis shrink faster than any natural chemical you can have in your mind. The reason being our body uses fructose (a type of sugar) to make fat; now this fat results into a fatty buildup on the capillaries and muscles of the penis, that can lead to a number of penis-related abnormalities.
2. Too many supplements- Understand that taking an excess of herbal supplements can act adversely on your body. Even though herbal supplements may be from plant or herb sources, the active ingredients can still be potent chemicals. Black Cohosh, Coenzyme Q10, Cranberry, Valerian, Melatonin, etc. If you consume them in inadequate amount, and potency is in access to your body, they will harm your penis in long term. Similarly, too much intake of Vitamin A is also bad for your sexual health.
3. Passive smoking- Though smoking is not a good habit in general, it can literally kill your sex life by making your penis lose its strength and shape. Your penis is made of a spongy tissue with tiny holes and flesh. Every cigarette you smoke, these holes are blocked as nicotinic acid enters them and get piled up in there. Nicotine-free men are more likely to have firmer erections and reach maximum sexual climax. In addition to that, it degrades the sperm quality and decreases the sperm count, which is not a great deal if you are planning to have a baby.
4. Fat around the waist- You might have heard it million times that excessive fat is an enemy for your well being. The twist is, it affects your male organs as well, and you can not go back to healthy penis once you are trapped with a fatty waist. The fat can get deposited around the root of your penis, including the muscles in it. It acts as a barrier in the blood-flow and eventually scars the tissues. Chances of erectile dysfunction increases if you are overweight, diabetic, or suffering from severe cardiovascular problems.
5. Soda- Who doesn't love soda and all those tempting soft drinks? Well, your penis does not. According to some recent researches, people who consume soda are more likely to fall prey to fatty penis disorder. However, it is not verified that soft drinks were the reason for the same. So, just take it as a motivation if you have been trying to avoid liquid junk recently.
6. No physical labor- Sitting on a chair and complaining about impotence is not going to help you to get rid of it. So, say no to T.V. and go for a run. Men who devote more than 20 hours to T.V. in a week have 44% lower sperm count than those who don't watch T.V. at all. If you sign up for regular exercise inadequate amount, you will notice better erectile function, durability and sexual drive than before.
7. Low sex frequency- Your penis is designed to have sex and you are supposed to use it on a regular basis. You will lose it if you don't use it. There are cases when men had to suffer erectile dysfunction due to long breaks in sexual cycles. Low sex frequency, i.e. less than once a week has been observed in males suffering from impotence. If you are someone who relies on masturbation more than anything, then you need to give it a break. Excessive masturbation can also lead to erectile dysfunction.
Also Read: Beetroot : Cure Erectile Dysfunction
8. Poor dental hygiene- This is something you may have never heard before. Your teeth are connected to your penis! There are certain microorganisms in your mouth which can travel through your body to cause to cause inflammation and damage to blood vessels in the penis.
9. Using wrong lube- Be careful with what you apply to your penis. Lubricants are meant to make your sex experience more pleasurable; not to make you and your partner sick. You can easily find water, silicone or oil-based lubricants at any drugstore, but most of them including Astroglide can adversely affect your sperm quality and quantity. Make sure you don't have any cold infection if you use saliva as lube, as it may cause allergies in your partner’s vagina.