Back pain is one of the most common problems in people these days and sadly, back pain affects the people of all age and many including teenagers are suffering from this problem. Back pain involves many muscles and treating this problem is important to lead a healthy and quality of life. Exercise is the solution to every health problem and some exercises that can help you treat back pain are as follows:
1. Locust Pose
Although, locust pose requires a great amount of efforts but it is one of the best poses to strengthen the back muscles. It strengthens the entire back from the nape to the back of the heels. This posture not only give an excellent relief to the back pain but is also shares its beneficial effects on other parts of the body such as it tones the butt and hamstring, it massages the abdominal organs of the body and helps in improving digestion, strengthens the arms and the leg muscles and a great way to aid depression. Directions to perform this posture include:
Also Read: 4 O's That Affects Bone Health
- Lie on the belly with your legs extended straight and let your forehead rest on the floor.
- Slightly rotate your thighs internally and lift your kneecap away from the ground.
- Now, interlace your fingers at the back and touch your palms together.
- Inhale, lift your chest off the ground and let your hands move towards the feet.
- Along with the chest, feet and legs should also be off the ground keeping the big toes together.
- Your chin should be parallel to the floor and try to remain in that pose for few seconds. Then exhale properly and slowly release your legs.
2. Blow pose
Blow pose is highly beneficial for the entire body and for the back pain, it is a must doing exercise posture. It strengthens the muscles of the back, abdomen, arms, and legs. It stretches the back muscles and increases the circulation and strengthens the length of the spine. It also encourages the gentle massaging of the internal organs of the body. It regulates the body and ensures the smooth running of the body. Directions to perform this posture include:
- Lie on the belly with your arms by your side.
- Exhale, bend your knees slowly and bring it close to the buttocks as possible.
- Take your fingers at the lack and interlace your fingers. Also, your knees should not be wider than the width of your hips.
- While inhaling, slowly lift your thighs and heel higher and simultaneously press your shoulder blades firmly against your back.
- At this point, breathing will become difficult but ensure that you won’t stop breathing.
- Maintain that pose for at least 30 seconds and while exhaling release the pose.
3. Triangle Pose
Triangle pose can help you keep the back pain away. It is an amazing posture that strengthens the physical as well as emotional bodies. It provides a great stretch to the back and helps in getting rid of the pain permanently. It also stretches legs, muscles around the knee, ankle joint, hips, hamstring, and calves and regulates the functioning of the abdominal muscles. Triangle pose is also used as a therapy to treat infertility, stress, and neck pain. Directions to perform this pose include:
- Stand straight with your feet wide apart and your hands by your side.
- Turn your feet to different angles in such a way that your toes are pointed outward. Ensure that the right foot and the left foot are pointing in different directions.
- Now, raise your arms outwards and stretch your right arm and reach the position as far as you can and hold that position.
- Reach as far as you can and try to touch your right hand to the right shin, ankle or the floor.
- Hold the position for a few seconds and return to an initial position.
- Repeat the steps on the other side.
4. Downward facing dog
A downward facing dog is a challenging position that requires a lot of strength but there are many reasons to perform this posture everyday and its benefits on the back are one of the reason. It is a great posture for anyone who suffers from back pain or spinal problems. It decreases the back pain by strengthening the entire back and shoulder girdle. It provides the stretch to the body and develops strong muscles. It also increases the blood circulation of the full body and treats many health problems. Directions to perform this posture include:
- Begin by taking your wrist under your shoulder and your knees under your hips.
- While exhaling, lift your knees and heels away from the floor and lengthen your tailbone away from the back of the pelvis. Also, lift your sitting bones towards the ceiling.
- Now, push your thighs back and stretch your heels towards the floor.
- Lift your inner arms from the wrist to the top of the shoulder and don’t let your head hang.
- Try to stay in the pose for at least a minutes and then slowly return to an initial position.
Tags: Psoriasis And Its Common Types, Why Is Obesity A topic Of Health Concern?, Buy Bone Health Treatment Online, Buy Joint Health treatment