The liver is the largest internal organ in the body and is one of the most important ones too. Everything that we intake is first processed by the liver before being distributed to other parts of the body. It has a lot of functions. It plays an important role in regulating our health. Although the liver can replace damaged cells, if enough cells are lost, it may not perform well. There are various bad habits that are part of our daily routine that may increase our risk of liver damage as well as liver pain. The damage is so gradual that we may not even be able to recognize it at first. It is so dangerous that sometimes your body can’t even perform well.
Let’s have a look at some of the surprising things that are affecting your liver in the most negative way:
- Overuse of Medications: As we already know that the prime function of the liver is to break down the food and transport it to various organs. It bifurcates anything that we consume like herbs, supplements, medications. It should be known that too much of intake of drugs can also damage your liver. The damage can vary from mild to a complete failure of the liver. There are certain herbs as well as supplements also available that can harm the liver in the excess amount.
- Extra Weight: Sometimes, the extra fat can build up in your liver cells resulting into non-alcoholic fatty liver disease(NAFLD). This may cause your liver to swell. With time, it can harden or also scar liver tissue. If you are overweight or obese, you are more at the risk of liver complications. A healthy diet plays an important role in regulating the whole functioning of the body.
- Alcohol: It is a common known fact that drinking too much alcohol is bad for your liver. Excess amount can decrease the ability of liver of removing toxins from the body. Over time, the damage can become permanent and cause cirrhosis. When the liver tries to break the alcohol down, the chemical reaction that forms may damage the liver cells. After the consumption for a long time, the damage may be permanent. Cirrhosis is another medical condition that can lead to the permanent loss of liver function.
- Sleep Deprivation: According to a study published, sleep deprivation can cause oxidative stress to the liver. There are various other health problems as well that are linked to sleeping problems like obesity, diabetes, heart diseases etc. When we sleep, our body goes into repair process. So, make sure to take at least 8 hours of sleep, because insufficient sleep may ruin your elimination process, and also damage your liver.
- Sugar: An excess amount of sugar is not just bad for your health, but can harm your liver too. Too much of refined sugar can cause a fatty buildup that can result in liver problems. Sometimes, sugar can be as damaging as the alcoholic drinks, even if you are not overweight.
These are the list of all the food items that you are regularly taking being unaware of the fact that they are damaging your liver. Read it and share it with your friends and family to create awareness. Stay Safe Stay Healthy.
Tags: 5 sneaky things that ruin your sex drive, 5 exercises that burn fat in arms quickly, 5 Foods that boost male health effectively, Get rid of the hangover with 5 amazing tips, 5 PMS hacks that can save your day