Best Exercises To Lead A Healthy Life
Staying fit is everyone’s wish!!
Staying fit and maintaining a healthy body weight is essential for a healthy life. Exercise is important in daily lives and it is one of the best things an individual can do for the health. It increases the fitness level and helps a person develop and keep a strong self-image. Some of the exercises that work amazingly and should be added to the daily routine include:
Crunches are one of the best abdominal exercises to do in order to burn fat. A few minutes of crunching can help you burn several calories. It is an amazing exercise that has a lot of benefits. It not only helps in burning fat but it also improves the balance and strengthens the abdominal muscles. It improves the core strength and provides better posture and as a result, it helps the body function more efficiently. Steps to do crunches are as follows:
- Lie on the back with your knees at 90 degrees and hip-width apart.
- Take your hands behind the back in such a way that the thumbs are placed behind the ears.
- Hold your elbows out and tilt your chin slightly such that the space between the chin and the chest is of few inches.
- Now, pull the abdominal inwards and lift your head, neck, and shoulder blades off the floor and move forward.
- Hold the position at the top of the movement and gently get back to an initial position.
Lunges are the exercises that you can definitely add to your daily routine. It primarily targets the muscles of the lower body but it also stabilizes the core muscles and improves the balance. It strengthens and improves the flexibility of the hip flexors. Having a strong core is essential to do daily activities without any problem and lunges helps in building a strong core, decreases lower back pain and increases stability. Steps to do the lunges are as follows:
- Stand straight with your spine long, feet shoulder width apart and look forward.
- Take your one leg forward and lower your hips in such a way that both the knees are bent at 90 degrees.
- Ensure that your back knee hover the ground and your front knee is not extending the ankle.
- Keep your weight on the heels and repeat the steps on both sides.
Squats are another exercise that should be the part of everyone’s daily exercise routine. It is one of the exercises which has end number of benefits and the benefits are visible on the entire body. It is one of the most efficient ways to burn body fat and it increases the strength of an entire body. It helps in maintaining the physical health of a person and makes the daily tasks easier. Steps to do this exercise are as follows:
- Stand straight with your feet hip-width apart and pull in your abdominal muscles.
- Keep your upper body straight, bend your knees and lower yourself as far as you can. Do not lean your upper body.
- Now get back to your initial position and repeat the steps for three sets of ten each.
If you want to strengthen and tone the upper body then push up is the first exercise that comes in a mind. Although it has many benefits, its effects on the upper body are amazingly impressive. It also helps in burning a lot of calories. It activates nearly every muscle of the body and works great on the entire body. Steps to do this exercise are as follows:
- Lie on your stomach and keep your hands on the ground, under the shoulders.
- Keep your body straight and raise the body using the hands. Support your weight by your hands and the balls of your feet.
- Repeat the process of lowering and raising the body at a steady pace.
Plank is a way to get in shape. Without any second thought, a plank is an amazing exercise to shape up the body. It engages with all the core muscles of the body and improves the posture of the body. Steps to do this exercise are as follows:
- Lie on your stomach, keeping your hands on the ground and your legs straight.
- Take a deep breath and raise your body such that it forms a straight line.
- Now, tighten your buttocks and keep your head in a neutral position. Breathe normally.
- Hold that position for a few seconds and get back to an initial position.