Food is the fuel that regulates the whole processing of a body. It provides energy as well as manage the mood, both of which significantly affect your focus. Your brain is a big deal. As it is a control center of your body, it is also in charge of keeping your heartbeat beating as well as lungs doing the whole process of respiration. This is the reason, it is necessary to keep your brain in a peak working condition. The foods you eat play an important role in building up your brain, improve some mental tasks like the ability to concentrate as well as learn. You must be wondering that what does food have to do with the functioning of the brain? Well, the brain has an incredible ability to affect your mental abilities like mood, memory, ability to focus etc.
So, if you are looking to boost your focus, start with these 6 foods that work effectively in boosting your brain:
1. Blueberries: According to the studies, blueberries are known to boost concentration and memory for up to five hours. The antioxidants found in them helps in stimulating the flow of blood and oxygen to your brain and keep the mind fresh. Because of its high amount of gallic acid, they are good at protecting our brains from degeneration and stress. Some important fibers also help in improving the communication between the brain cells. The consumption of blueberries may even delay short-term memory loss.
2. Green Tea: It helps you focus for two reasons, one it contains caffeine and secondly it contains Theanine. Caffeine helps in improving your concentration power as well as alertness. It also improves speed as well as accuracy. If you are feeling drained, grab a cup of green tea. It will not only give you energy but also improve your mental power.
3. Broccoli: Packed with powerful compounds, it is very high in Vitamin K and choli. It helps in keeping memory sharp. This fat-soluble vitamin is essential for forming sphingolipids, which is a type of fat that’s densely packed into brain cells. Broccoli also has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects that protect the brain against any kind of damage.
4. Spinach: Being full of antioxidants and carotenoids, it boosts your brain’s power and also helps protect it. When it comes to brain power, don’t forget to include green leafy vegetables on your plate. They are full of vitamins. They contain folic acid that works great in improving the mental clarity.
5. Eggs: Eggs are a great source of several nutrients tied to the health of the brain. It includes Vitamin B6 and B12. It also contains folate and choline which helps in building mental strength. Choline is an important micronutrient that your body generally uses to create acetylcholine, which is a neurotransmitter working towards regulating mood as well as memory. Eating eggs is the easiest way to consume choline. It helps slow down the progression of mental decline in the elderly.
There are various food items that keep your brain healthy. With these foods, you can boost your brain health, alertness, memory by strategically including them in your diet. Share it with your friends and family to encourage them to eat healthily.
Tags: Exercises that burn fat in arms quickly, Weird reasons you binge on junk foods at night, 5 Foods that boost male health effectively, Get rid of the hangover with 5 amazing tips, Things you did today that slowed your metabolism