When it comes to health and fitness, men and women both have quite a few things to learn from each other. Although women seem to have an upper hand in this, men can adopt a few habits and methods from women to lead a better and healthy lifestyle.
Here are a few health tips that men can learn from women:
1. Cardio is the way: Most men only participate in weight lifting and muscle building for a better body outlook, but women tend to opt for cardio exercises for physical activeness and weight loss. Aerobic is essential for a healthy lifestyle and men should try adding cardio with their regular weight lifting to improve their overall health. Following a keto diet and healthy health tips on food, such as consuming more dash food, can also assist in building a better body shape.
Cardio includes the rhythmic activities that raise your heart rate. It involves the use of large muscles to increase the heart rate and makes the heart stronger. Starting and keeping pace with these exercises can add years to life by contributing only 15-20 minutes every day.
Benefits of Cardio exercises:-
- It helps in burning the fat and calories for weight loss
- It increases the lung capacity
- It reduces stress and helps you sleep better
- It also helps to cope with high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes, and some forms of cancer too.
- It gives you more confidence as it improves the way you look and feel
- It can provide relief from depression and anxiety and make you feel better
2. Vulnerability is a strength: Men are afraid to open up about their feelings because they consider vulnerability as a weakness. According to psychology, sharing about one’s troubles and griefs can release stress and improve the bond with others. Vulnerability is not just in conversing, but also portraying how a person is feeling. Vulnerability means to allow thoughts and feelings, including pain, joy, fears, dreams with others without fearing judgment or rejection. Men consider crying as a sign of weakness, but crying can actually make a person feel better. There is no one who likes crying but letting a few tears flow down can release the stress hormones and chemicals and takes the person from an intense to a relaxed state of mind.
3. Knowing your body: Most men are very conscious about their looks and appearances but do not pay close attention to the early warnings of health problems. Women are usually more aware of their body whether it’s about the skin, hair, or even a mole on the back of their neck. It is important to pay attention to these minor changes in the body before anything starts having serious complications. By understanding the body, a person can become more aware of their health and the state of well-being.
4. Indulge in pampering: Women like to be pampered and self-care isn’t just for women. Men do not get involved in many self-care activities that are not a part of the routine. Grooming can reduce stress and make the person feel better about themselves. Men grooming ideas involve getting a haircut & shave, a pedicure, a massage therapy, or buying some new clothes. It’s not just a way of pampering oneself, but massaging also has many health benefits like reduced back pain and an increased sense of well-being. Considering all the benefits a little self-care can bring, it’s surely not just a thing for ladies.
Some benefits of pampering:-
- Releases stress, which enhances the overall well-being
- Helps you sleep better than ever
- Provides your healthy skin and treats pain and body aches
5. Get regular check-ups: Women are good at acting on their health-related issues as soon as they identify them. This always saves a lot of time and energy as the problems can be fixed before they can grow into something serious. The symptoms should never be ignored, no matter how small they are. It’s always better to take a chance at visiting a doctor than taking a chance at the health. Getting regular medical check-ups can reduce the risk of getting any serious disease and improves the chances for treatment and cure of the early-stage disease. Improved health increases the lifespan which is quite a significant reason for men to participate in regular check-ups.
6. Participate in a spiritual exercise class (like Yoga): In addition to working on the body shape, there are other benefits that can be derived from spiritual exercises. These exercises are considered to be female-dominated but keeping in mind the health benefits it adds to the body, men should practice it just as much as women.
Benefits of spiritual exercises:
- Holistic exercises such as Yoga can boost your mental and emotional well-being.
- They also contribute to keeping a better body posture, increased energy levels, boosting strength, and better concentration levels.