How I made my vagina healthy?
An elastic muscular canal that has a soft and flexible lining which is responsible for providing lubrication and sensation is termed as vagina. It connects the uterus to the outside world. It receives the penis during a sexual intercourse and also acts as a channel for the menstrual flow right from the uterus. A hymen is another tissue that surrounds vagina and protects it. It can be ruptured while doing sexual activity or exercising. There have been many cases discovered where women have experienced vagina problems time to time. These problems can be related to sex infections, menstrual cycles, or changes after pregnancy.
If you are noticing anything unusual going on with your vagina, you should be alert like if you find a change in your normal vaginal discharge or your frequency of urination changes, it might be a problem. There are various conditions that can cause woman experience something wrong with the vagina:
- Infection of the cervix
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Infections of the vagina like yeast infection, bacterial vaginosis etc.
- Sex practices
I am a woman and it is my responsibility to think about me. I need to make sure I am healthy in all the aspects. I have read the statistics and I found out about 30% of women who are in the age of childbearing have bacterial vaginosis which is a shocking figure. So, to get rid of all the harms that come across my way, I must be prepared and take all the necessary measurements to get rid of the problems related to the vagina and stay healthy.
The vagina is designed in a way that keeps itself clean with natural discharges. A healthy vagina also depends on a woman’s age, it is known that vagina is generally acidic and contains beneficial bacteria that fight infections. Still, there are some necessary preventions that I took in order to keep my vagina healthy:
- Use Condoms: We already know that rubbers are a great medium to stay away from sexually transmitted diseases and unwanted pregnancy. According to a study, it has been found that condoms keep your pH level normal so that bacteria that are good for you can survive and fight infections. It is important to change condoms when you are switching from oral to anal to vaginal sex so as to avoid the introduction of infections.
- Wear cotton underwear or go commando: When I talk about the selection of my underwear, I must say that best choice of the vagina is cotton. This is the reason that most of the underwears come with a very thin strip of cotton in the crotch area as it easily absorbs the moisture. If you are in the house, feel free and go commando, so you can let the things air out.
- Proper Exercise: Pelvic floor exercise also called kegel exercise is beneficial for making your pelvic muscles strong. If you do this exercise for 5-10 minutes, you can control urinary leakage as well as it will help you in getting intense orgasms.
- Choose a healthy diet: It is important to eat healthy food to stay healthy. A balanced diet and lots of water is a key to healthy vaginal health. Some food like yogurt can potentially help prevent yeast infections and also help in their treatment.
- Use lubricant but not petroleum jelly: It is recommended never to use petroleum jelly or baby oil as it may result in bacterial infections. Lubrication plays an important role while having sexual intercourse. Vagina produces its natural lubricant, but sometimes when it fails to do so, artificial ones can be helpful as they help reduce friction and result in a great experience.
- Wash your vagina: It is advised to avoid deodorants, antiseptics, perfumed gels or soaps as they can interfere with the normal pH of the vagina and may cause complications. Instead, use plain, unperfumed soaps to clean your vagina gently.
- A good hygiene: It is always great to be hygienic. After your bowel movement, wipe from front to back to avoid any kind of bacterial contamination and minimize the risk of bladder infection. Regular change of sanitary pads and tampons is necessary while you are having your periods. If you wear the pads for a long time, you may be at the risk of vulvar cancer.
This is all about the things that I kept in my mind to get a healthy vagina. Share it with your friends to keep them updated.