Importance And Role Of Physical Activity For Healthy Life
Exercise is an important part to have a healthy lifestyle. Regular physical activity reduces the risk of premature deaths. The present era in which everyone is too busy in their schedule, the lifestyle of the people has changed. The physical activity in daily life has become very limited and this can cause some serious health problems, especially heart related problems.
What is physical activity?
Physical activity is any form of exercise or activity that causes the body to burn calories. In order to keep ourselves fit and healthy, involving in some sort of physical activity is required. Exercise is an important part that should be added in everyday routine.
Importance of physical activity
Regular physical activity is highly important for the management of health and lack of physical activity can make a healthy person unhealthy. Physical activity is not associated with any age factor, people of all age are recommended to perform exercises regularly and it has benefits on each and every one. Exercise is associated with various physical and psychological effects that have an effective functionality of different organs of the body. Exercise can be considered a healthy way that has a positive impact on the quality of life.
Benefits of physical activity
Most of us often look for ways that can help in weight management. Well, exercise is the most effective way to lose weight. Weight gain is linked with an increased calorie intake and decreased physical activity. When a physical activity becomes a part of a regular schedule, weight management becomes easy. Exercise increases the total number of calories expended and reduces the extra calories and body fat that is stored in the body.
Stress has become a major problem in both developed and undeveloped countries. It is very difficult to exclude stress from daily lives. Exercise acts as a stress buster. Exercise is one of the ways that helps to alleviate stress from the mind, at least for some time. As stated above, exercise has an impact on physical as well as psychological health and stress is one of the psychological problems that can be reduced by doing regular exercise.
The prevalence of cardiovascular disease is increasing at a high rate, and in the United States, cardiovascular disease is one of the leading cause of deaths. Multiple studies have suggested that physical inactivity is one of the main cause of the development of various diseases, including cardiovascular disease and regular physical activity greatly reduces the risk of developing heart problems.
Some exercises that can be done at home
Everyone is busy these days and it is difficult for most of the people to visit the gym regularly and do exercises. Well, in that case, there are many exercises that can be performed at home and do not require any gym equipment. Although walking and running are excellent physical activities, some other exercises that promote fitness are as follows:
Plank is one of the exercises that boost the overall fitness level and has an effect on different parts of the body. Plank has several benefits on the body and it helps in increasing metabolism of the body and burning more calories. Back muscles and the stomach muscles are highly impacted by this exercise and it also improves the posture of the body.
- Lie on the floor, on your stomach and keep your palms on the floor, next to the shoulder.
- Take a deep breath, and move your body upwards in such a way that it makes a straight line from head to heels.
- Now breathe normally and stay in that position for a few seconds.
- Gradually, get back to your initial position.
2. Jumping jack
Jumping jack is fun. It is easy to do exercise and it is considered to be one of the most effective exercises, especially for the lower body. It is a common exercise and we often use this exercise as a warm-up exercise. It is an amazing exercise that should be added to the daily routine.
- Stand straight with feet together and hands on your side.
- While jumping, take your feet out of the sides and raise your arms on your sides and above the head.
- Now, jump again but this time lower your arms.
- Repeat the steps few times.
Squats is an exercise that has an involvement of all the muscles. Although squats are known to be a leg exercise, it improves the entire fitness level in an individual. It is important to understand that quats are beneficial only when they are done properly. Squats have many benefits on the body such as it improves circulation, tones the body and increases flexibility.
- Stand straight and keep your feet slightly apart.
- Use your muscles and push your chest outwards and gradually bend your knees and lower yourself.
- Keep all you weight on the knees and gradually get back to your initial position.
- Repeat the steps for some more time.
Crunches is one of the exercises that are known to be highly effective on abs and core. It strengthens the abdominal muscles and improves the functions of various body organs. It helps in burning a large number of calories and helps in weight management.
- Lie down on your back and bend your knees.
- Tilt your chin slightly inwards and take your hands behind your ears.
- Now, lift your head, neck, and shoulder and move toward the front.
- Hold that position for a few seconds and return to your initial position.
- Repeat the steps for some more time.
5. Glute bridge
Glute bridge is a simple, yet an effective exercise. It helps in maintaining the fitness level and improves the posture of the body. It is an effective exercise for any imbalance in the body.
- Lie on your back and bend your knees, keeping hip-width apart.
- Take a deep breath and take your hips off the floor. In such a way that your hip and thighs come in a straight line.
- Stay in that position for a few seconds and return to your initial position.