Morning Rituals To Stay Energized Throughout The Day
What’s the first thing you do when you open your eyes in the morning? According to a research study, more than 60% of people check their smartphones within 15 minutes of waking up. If you’re one of those people, you’re now looking into the right place, because there are million other things that would be better than gluing yourself to the screen right early in the morning.
Early mornings are quiet and peaceful, and a refreshing start to the day could actually make the rest of the day exceptionally productive. Following a healthy morning routine and not exhausting yourself right in the morning can help you retain the energy for the rest of the day. Not to forget the fact that the energy you have is only finite, and it’ll deplete as you carry on with the day. Ever wondered why Mark Zuckerberg wears the same cloth every day? Because fewer decisions making in the morning helps him to divert his energy on the more important decisions.
If you’re looking to make the most of your days, focus on the way you start your mornings. Here are a few effective morning habits to change your life and help you stay energized and focused all day long:
1. Meditate: Meditation is about focusing on one thing like the rhythm of your breathing while blocking the distractions in thoughts. According to Dr. Emma Seppala, Stanford University, meditation is very effective in reducing stress, social anxiety, and depression, and enhances the creativity level as well. Starting the day with meditation helps the body to stay relaxed and balanced throughout the day. It helps to calm the mind amidst all the hustle and helps to gain better control over the emotions. There are many different techniques to follow to get the best meditation experience.
2. Drink lemon water: Lemon is a rich source of Vitamin C which not only boosts the antibacterial and antiviral properties but acts as a powerful antioxidant too. While it’s quite refreshing and an energizing way to start your day, it’s also preferred for the weight loss abilities. Lemon juice acts as a digestive and detoxifying agent which helps in cleaning the liver for better digestive health. Drinking warm lemon water in the morning with an empty stomach is proved very healthy for the body as it boosts hydration, immune system, and supports weight loss.
3. Music: Music has a big influence on our moods. Listening to soothing or rock music can change how we feel in the moment. It’s considered healthy for the brain to listen to music before sleeping and after waking up. Aim for playing your favorite songs in the morning to lift your spirits and settle yourself in a happy and positive mood.
4. Yoga: Yoga has many health benefits and is a perfect morning exercise for staying fit, increasing the lung capacity, lowering risk of heart disease, letting go of anxiety and depression. It is the most energizing experience which also improves the flexibility of the body to stay active throughout the day. Yoga helps in strengthening emotional health by boosting the mood and enhancing the abilities to work efficiently. Yoga is one of the best forms of medication as it affects the body and mind simultaneously in a positive way.
5. Get a good night’s sleep: The real secret to a refreshing morning is going to bed on time. The body and mind need proper rest at night to stay active on the next day. Going through the day sleep-deprived will keep you tired and exhausted throughout the day which will soon start to affect the overall wellbeing of the body. Good quality sleep is important for effective brain functioning, emotional wellbeing, and physical health. Sleep deprivation often leads to difficulties in problem-solving, making decisions, and a higher risk of depression, anxiety, and risk-taking behavior.
6. Fuel your body properly: Starting off the day with healthy food can provide your body with the right fuel. A healthy breakfast is a key to the day and it not only provides energy to the body but most breakfast foods are excellent sources of calcium, iron, vitamin B, protein, and fiber. There are many other benefits linked to healthy breakfast such as improved concentration and memory, lower chances of diabetes and heart disease, and staying clear of obesity. Though it’s advised to opt for healthy food for all the meals of the day, breakfast is considered a bit more important as it’s the first meal of the day after a whole night’s sleep.
7. Journal: Writing has a soothing and calming effect on the mind. Writing about the things you’re grateful for can center you and clear your mind off the unnecessary things. As you pour down your thoughts on the page, you unlock one more level of creativity that’s hidden inside of you. Writing a journal also makes the person less anxious as you write down most of the thoughts you have in mind and move ahead with a clearer mind and a better picture of the day.
8. Make daily goals: Write down certain things that you wish you achieve until the end of the day. This helps to keep the focus on the essential tasks and keep you less diverted towards the unnecessary tasks. Making short-term daily goals can keep you motivated to move ahead and less prone to procrastination if the focus is diverted towards achieving these goals. Once you make the habit of following these goals, you’ll always feel enthusiastic and motivated towards achieving them.