Why shedding tears is sometimes good?
Sometimes when you get hurt or feel down, you let it all out by shedding some tears. Crying is a natural response of the body. It is not an unusual phenomenon. Both male and female cry. It can be triggered by various emotions. According to the researchers, it makes your mind and body calm. There are actually three types of tears:
When people talk about crying, they are actually talking about emotional fears. If we talk about basal tears, they are the ones that protect you from infections etc. The tear ducts constantly secrete these type of tears in order to keep the eyes moist every time a person blinks. Reflex tears are usually the tears that are triggered when some irritants get into the eyes. To release them, these tears come to action. Emotional tears are those that are shed in response to a set of various emotions. They contain a lot of stress carrying hormones.
According to scientists, there are various advantages of crying your heart out sometimes:
- Help self-soothe: If you want to soothe yourself, shedding some tears is the best thing to do that. It activates the parasympathetic nervous system and helps your body rest as well as digest. It will release all your worries, anger or tension.
- Detoxifies the body: When a person cries, all the stress hormones are released which helps him to clear out all the toxic things present in the body.
- Mood Enhancer: Crying, especially sobbing sometimes help you in lifting your spirits. When you cry, you take it cooler air that helps to regulate the temperature of your brain.
- Helps you recover from grief: It gets you out of grief. When you mourn the loss of your loved ones, crying helps you in recovering from it. It helps you process the loss and accept the reality.
- Helps baby breathe: When a baby comes out of the womb, it is very important for him to cry. That is a sign the baby has got the oxygen through the umbilical cord. It helps the baby’s lungs adapt to the life in the outside world.
If you find yourself crying too much, there might be something wrong. You should seek medical help in that case. You should have a chat with your doctor. You can go to an online pharmacy to buy drugs that you have been prescribed. If it starts interfering your daily life, it’s a matter of concern. It may make you depressed.
Symptoms of depression, in that case, might be:
- Lack of energy
- Change in appetite
- Sleep apnea or Insomnia
- Suicidal Tendencies
How much is crying good?
On average, women cry 3.5 times a month while in men, it’s 1.9 times. So, its OK for you to cry. It’s actually beneficial, but if you cry too often, it becomes more of a concern. Take control of that. Share this with your friends and family to create awareness.