If you have recently given up on alcohol or on gluten heavy food to clean up your diet, and you unexpectedly find yourself feeling worse than you did before, then you are experiencing candida die off.
The symptoms include brain fog, nausea, and headache. Just as the same state of being affected with cold and flu, or similar to seasonal allergies because they leave you to feel downright exhausted and crummy.
- A herxheimer reaction is the other name for candida die of, which is known to be a negative reaction to endotoxin like products released by the death of harmful microorganisms living in the body.
- Endotoxins are found inside bacterial cells and released when a cell disintegrates.
- Endotoxins cause the autoimmune response of the immune system in the human body along with inflammation and therefore contribute towards a lot of natural symptoms and even diseases.
You may be worried about how long the withdrawal symptoms last, and how can you manage them. Below are the typical ways you can expect to counter the candida die-off symptoms, and these are completely natural to make them more bearable.
Understanding Candida Die-Off
Whenever a person experiences candida die-off symptoms, this is an indication of candida overgrowth in the body. Candida is basically a fungus, found in the healthy human body in very small amounts because it helps in nutrient absorption and digestion.
When the candida microorganisms reproduce themselves, the fungal infection called candidiasis occurs throughout the body that includes areas of toenails, fingernails, mouth, ears, vagina, gastrointestinal tract, and nose.
This infection is just called candida and affects both men and women. It is often misdiagnosed or not diagnosed at all because the symptoms are similar to cold flu and include
- Formation of a white coat on the tongue
Candida diet plan helps well in killing the candida infection which includes yeast-free, low sugar and gluten-free diet. The candida fungus starts for a long time and because of no food supply, they die off and take anywhere from a few weeks to several months to be effective. If someone resorts back to the diet and lifestyle that cause the overgrowth of candida in the first place, it is possible for them to return.
Causes Of Candida Die-Off
As explained the earlier candida helps in the absorption of nutrients and that is why they are present in small quantities. Rapidly killing off candida in the body produces a lot of metabolic reactions, that release toxins responsible for candidiasis symptoms.
- Candida die-off symptoms produce uncomfortable effects and cause a person to weaken.
- Candida die-off symptoms simply indicate inflammation of primary organs of the human body and include inflammation of kidneys liver adrenal glands.
- This is because of metabolites circulating in the system and includes acetaldehyde, proteins, and inflammatory cytokines, gliotoxin and interleukin 6, interleukin 8.
- The same type of herxheimer reaction also occurs when a person is affected by Lyme’s disease and other yeast infections.
Below are situations that may indicate a person is affected with candida die-off symptoms which include:
- A person recently giving up on foods like gluten and sugar, especially, to eliminate the pathogens overnight
- Persons taking medications such as antibiotics and antifungal that affect the gut microbiome
- A person is recently starting an elimination diet
- Person avoiding alcohol to be a no drinker
- A person is completing the whole 30 or another AIP elimination or detox type diet
Beginning Of Candida Die-Off
Once a person practices any of the above situations, the candidate dies of symptoms begins within weeks or a month of practicing them.
Most common candida die-off symptoms include the following:
- Impaired brain functions or
- Infection near the liver and abdomen
Here Are Some Common Ways To Manage The Candida Die Of Symptoms Gradually
1. Diet Changes Should Be Practiced Gradually And Not Overnight
While switching to a clean healthy diet plan, you should remember that the smart move you make should be made gradually, rather than suddenly from an extreme diet to that of a detox diet. Doctors who treat candida recommend gradually transitioning to a healthy diet that includes less sugar, few carbs each day rather than taking charge overnight and be going sugar and grain-free.
2. A Clean Candida Diet Is All You Require
Quitting sugar, carbohydrates and fats may leave you tempted while you always want to return to the old way of eating. However, a clean diet, in the long run, is going to make the underline issues of candida fungal overgrowth to reduce and give you a clean detoxified body.
- Continue eating high fiber, vegetables, flowers, fruit, sugar, but in moderation.
- Do not stop them abruptly.
- Once you accustom yourself with the moderate intake try reducing it to an even smaller intake.
One of the cleansing foods to be present in the gluten-free diet that you eat and you can include
- Culture of dairy products
- Spices like turmeric and cinnamon
3. Supplements That Support The Immune System Of The Human Body
- Candida die-off symptoms can be treated with supplements that help in managing them.
- These can include glutathione, alpha-lipoic acid.
- Bentonite clay that can help surround the toxins inefficiently remove them
- Molybdenum, a mineral helps in breaking down proteins and other substances help in converting the neurotoxin acetaldehyde into acetic acid
- Adaptogens such as astragalus and ashwagandha that helps in the building of the body's defense mechanism against illness stress and fatigue
Apart from the eating regimen, the body can also be treated with the help of essential oils such as lavender oil, clove oil, oregano oil, taken internally. You can also prioritize relaxation by slowing down and avoiding things that take a toll on your mind, especially, keeping electronic gadgets on the side of the head while you are asleep.
Try taking an Epsom salt bath or a magnesium chloride bath using a sauna, and apply a heat pack with a gentle massage. Consult a doctor if you have a chronic or unusual persistent candida die-off symptoms. It can also be an indication of an underline illness such as diabetes or immune system dysfunction.
Tags: Candida Die Off Sore Throat, How Long Do Candida Die Off Symptoms Last, Candida Symptoms, Candida Die Off Anxiety