Rivamer - 3mg
|USA Brand Name||Exelon|
|Manufacturer||Sun Pharma Laboratories, India|
Rivamer 3 mg (Rivastigmine)
US brands equivalent to Rivamer 3 mg (Rivastigmine)
The equivalent US brands available for Rivamer 3 mg are:
Rivamer 3 mg is easily available via online pharmacy, drugstore, and medical supply store.
What is The Generic Name of Rivamer 3 mg?
The generic name of Rivamer 3 mg is Rivastigmine.
About Rivamer 3 mg (Rivastigmine):
Rivamer 3 mg is a cholinesterase inhibitor. Rivamer 3 mg is also used to treat mild to moderate dementia (memory loss and mental changes) associated with Alzheimer's disease or Parkinson's disease. Rivamer 3 mg will not cure or stop Alzheimer's disease or Parkinson's disease from getting worse, however, rivastigmine can improve the thinking ability of some patients. This is used for the treatment and prevention of:
Alzheimer’s & Dementia of Parkinson's disease
Manufacturer of Rivamer 3 mg (Rivastigmine):
Rivamer 3 mg is manufactured by Sun Pharma Laboratories Ltd in India. It is available at all the leading online pharmacies, drug stores, and medical stores. It is one of the leading brands in India.
Strength of Rivamer 3 mg (Rivastigmine):
Rivamer 3 mg contains Rivastigmine as active medical ingredients.
It should be noted that Rivamer 3 mg is available in varying strengths.
Rivamer 3 mg (Rivastigmine) is used for the treatment and prevention of:
● Alzheimer’s & Dementia of Parkinson disease
How Rivamer 3 mg (Rivastigmine) works?
Rivastigmine works best or is beneficial in following ways:
1. Memory loss in Alzheimer’s disease is due to disturbance of message signals in the brain. Rivamer 3mg capsule works by increasing the levels of acetylcholine, a chemical messenger involved in the transmission of nerve signals.
2. It simply increases the cholinergic effect for which signal transmission can happen uninterruptedly.
Before you use a Rivamer 3 mg (Rivastigmine)
You should be sure that:
1. You are not allergic to it.
2. It is not affecting the medicines you are taking with it or not interacting with those.
3. If you are pregnant
What should be avoided while using Rivamer 3 mg (Rivastigmine)?
● Using Alcohol
When not to use Rivamer 3 mg (Rivastigmine)?
One should avoid using
1. If one is suffering from an allergy
Tell your doctor if
● You are taking any other medication for any disease or disorder.
● If you are allergic to Rivamer 3 mg
Dosage of Rivamer 3 mg (Rivastigmine):
Rivamer 3 mg is available in varying strengths and at different doses.
One should consult a doctor for the appropriate dose.
How much of Rivamer 3 mg (Rivastigmine)?
Generally, it must be in the range which is suitable according to the person’s health. It is available in the form of Capsules.
How to use Rivamer 3 mg (Rivastigmine)?
● One should wash and dry his/her hands properly before taking Rivamer 3 mg
● One should use only as much as needed or as prescribed by the doctor.
● One should take Rivamer 3 mg as long as directed by the physician.
For how long should Rivamer 3 mg (Rivastigmine)?
One should take Rivamer 3 mg as long as directed by the physician.
What can happen due to the overdose of Rivamer 3 mg (Rivastigmine)?
Sometimes overdose of Rivamer 3 mg can cause dizziness & sleepiness. To avoid this always contact the doctor immediately if an overdose is suspected.
Missed dose of Rivamer 3 mg (Rivastigmine)
Take the missed dose as soon as you recall it. If it is nearly close to the time of the next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
Side effects of Rivamer 3 mg (Rivastigmine)
The common side effects of Rivamer 3 mg are as follow
● Skin rash
● Loss of appetite
Drug Interactions with Rivamer 3 mg (Rivastigmine)
If you are taking some drugs or other over the counter medicines, it is possible that these may interfere with the therapeutic effect of Rivamer 3 mg. Some of the drugs that are known to interact with Rivamer 3 mg are as follows:
You must inform the doctor about all the medications you are already taking and always follow the instructions.
Contraindications for Rivamer 3 mg (Rivastigmine)
● If you are allergic to Rivamer 3 mg
● If you are consuming alcohol
● If you are taking any herbal supplements
Warning and Precautions for Rivamer 3 mg (Rivastigmine)
1. If irritation or allergies persist, stop the application of medicine and consult a doctor.
2. Keep in proper condition and out of reach of children.
Things to remember For Rivamer 3 mg (Rivastigmine)
1. Read the medicine packet thoroughly
2. Tell the doctor about your medical history.
3. Follow the instructions as told by the doctor.
4. Know before use that how to store the medicine at room temperature in a clean and dry place.
Indication and Usage for Rivamer 3 mg (Rivastigmine):
Use Rivamer 3 mg as prescribed by the doctor to Alzheimer’s & Dementia of Parkinson disease
● Swallow Rivamer 3 mg as a whole
● Do not chew or crush
● Always wash hands before taking the Rivamer 3 mg
Recommended dose For Rivamer 3 mg (Rivastigmine)-
To avoid side effects, use Rivamer 3 mg according to the prescribed dose.
For adults, Rivamer 3 mg is advised to take 2 times a day, after a meal.